Calling all literature and history enthusiasts: This weekend, come to Zion’s Mercantile in Provo for an exhibit not to be missed!
Friday and Saturday, rare book collectors Reid Moon and Brent Ashworth will display books, photographs, documents, and artifacts from important events throughout history. The exhibit, called “100 Books, People and Events That Changed the World,” brings history to life.
Some noteworthy items you’ll see when you come:
- an original leaf from the Gutenberg Bible 
- a first edition set of J. R. R. Tolkien’s “Lord of the Rings,” inscribed by Tolkien himself
- original plays from all four Shakespeare folios 
- an original letter of Edgar Allan Poe and a first printing of “The Raven”
- a first edition of “Moby Dick” with a letter of Herman Melville to his publisher
- an original signed poem of Emily Dickinson
- a poem written by Henry David Thoreau and an inscribed presentation of “Walden”
- a first edition Mein Kampf  signed by Adolph Hitler
- a ticket from the Hindenburg
- the original manuscript for Dr. Seuss’s “The Cat in the Hat Comes Back”
- a piece of the Berlin Wall
- a first edition Darwin Origin of the Species
- a Disney animation signed by Walt Disney
- Martin Luther King’s last letter
- an original copy of Thomas Paine’s Common Sense 
- Friday-Saturday, September 25-26, 2015
- Zion’s Mercantile at the Shops at Riverwoods in Provo
- Free and open to the public
We hope to see you there!